Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Beginning of my blogging days!

As most of you know we (David and I) are approaching a very important day in our life. No not my wedding, but the covenant before God that I am making to love (the verb, not the noun) David till death do us part. I am beginning a new part of my life yes, and this is exciting, but I have also been told that our marriage will be the most important testimony to your faith. This is scary, because I am chief of sinners and I so desperately need Gods Son Jesus Christ and his grace in my life.

Some days I feel like I have to pinch myself. Is this really my life? Why am I so blessed, so lucky? At 22 I question if I deserve to be getting married. How many young women, who are followers of our Mighty King also deserve a man to be their husband? I just don't get you God, and that is the beauty of it all.

My life right now is filled with running around. I run her to work, I run there to figure out when the bridal place is ever going to get my dress in. The latest answer is it's going to be shipped on Feb. 22. We'll see... I would love to be optimistic, but with these ladies I just don't know.

In the midst of my running I ran to bible study, where I almost ran right past God. He was waiting to meet me there, knowing that I would slow down and take a breath and just focus on him. After spending a wonderful evening with some amazing women I feel so much refocused. Our God is truly amazing. He teaches so much if you are just willing to listen and try and obey. I thank God for every blessing he has given me and will not settle in a happy ever after. (A sermon I just heard) But reach for the Better than happy ever after God has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment